Sierra View Medical Center is a family-centered hospital and supports open
visiting to all patient care areas. However, for the safety of our patients
and their well-being, the following restrictions apply:
- Persons with Respiratory Disease or any signs of communicable infections
are not permitted to visit hospital patients.
- Children 13 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a responsible
adult and not left unattended for any reason.
- Children who are under 10 years of age visiting other children must have
permision from the Primary Care Nurse caring for the patient on the unit.
The responsible adult will be requested to remove any child exhibiting
- Preferably there should be not more than two (2) visitors per patient at
any on time. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Primary Care
Nurse caring for the patient, including clergy visiting patients under distress.
If you are visiting a patient, please check-in at the Information Desk
before continuing to the patient care areas. Guests will not be permitted
in these areas without identification received at the Information Desk
To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for Sierra View Medical Center
patients and guests, please be courteous of others and adhere to the following
- Visitors will not interfere with the activities of any employee(s).
- Visitors must behave in a quiet and calm manner.
- Visitors will remain at the designated patient's bedside or in authorized
waiting areas only.
- Visitors who do not comply with hospital policy will be asked to leave.
Patients may designate visitors of their choosing-if they have decision-making
capacity-whether or not the visitor is a family member, a spouse, or a
domestic partner, including a same-sex domestic partner, unless:
- No visitors are allowed.
- The facility reasonably determines that the presence of a particular visitor
would endanger the health or safety of a patient, a member of the health
facility staff, or would significantly disrupt the operations of the facility.
- Patients have told the health facility staff that they no longer want a
particular person to visit. However, a health facility may establish reasonable
restrictions upon visitation, including restrictions upon the hours of
visitation and number of visitors.
Patients in Isolation
- Facilities and materials for protecting visitors from infected patients
will be provided.
- Visitors must receive appropriate instruction from the nursing staff prior
to entering the patient's room.
- Children 13 years of age and younger will not be allowed to visit patients
Smoke and Tobacco Free Campus
As a local hospital committed to the health and wellness of our community,
Sierra View Medical Center is also committed to providing a safe and comfortable
environment for our patients, guests, volunteers and employees. We provide
this for our community by ensuring our campus is tobacco and smoke-free.
As determined by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, smokers
are more likely than nonsmokers to develop heart disease, stroke and lung
cancer among other health issues. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention have determined cigarette smoking to be the leading preventable
cause of death in the United States.
To help prevent the dangers of smoking and the risks that come with second-hand
smoking, Sierra View Medical Center prohibts the act of smoking anywhere
on hospital property. This also restricts patients, guests, volunteers
and employees from leaving the hospital to smoke on Sierra View grounds.
It is the hope of Sierra View Medical Staff that these efforts will help
ensure the safety of patients, guests and employees by providing a smoke-free
and tobacco-free environment.