Sierra View Medical Center l supports open visiting for all patient care
areas as defined below:
- Persons with respiratory disease or any signs of communicable infections
are not permitted to visit hopsital patients.
- All visitors must check-in at the Information Desk before continuing on
to the patient care areas.
- Children 13 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a responsible
adult and not left unattended for any reason.
- Young children, 10 years of age or younger, visiting other children must
have permision from the Primary Care Nurse caring for the patient on the
unit. The responsible adult will be requested to remove any child exhibiting
Behavior of Visitors:
- Visitors will not interfere with the activities of any employee.
- Visitors must behave in a quiet and calm manner.
- Visitors will remain at the designated patient's bedside or in authorized
waiting areas only.
- Visitors who do not comply with hospital policy will be asked to leave.
- Visitor smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas of the hospital.
- Preferably there should be not more than two (2) visitors per patient at
any on time. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Primary Care
Nurse caring for the patient, including clergy visiting patients under distress.
Patients may designate visitors of their choosing if they have decision-making
capacity, whether or not the visitor is a family member, a spouse, or
a domestic partner, including a same-sex domestic partner, unless:
- No visitors are allowed.
- The facility reasonably determines that the presence of a particular visitor
would endanger the health or safety of a patient, a member of the health
facility staff, or would significantly disrupt the operations of the facility.
- Patients have told the health facility staff that they no longer want a
particular person to visit. However, a health facility may establish reasonable
restrictions upon visitation, including restrictions upon the hours of
visitation and number of visitors.
Patients in Isolation
- Facilities and materials for protecting visitors from infected patients
will be provided.
- Visitors must receive appropriate instruction from the nursing staff prior
to entering the patient's room.
- Children 13 years of age and younger will not be allowed to visit patients