At Sierra View, we consider our volunteers to be a crucial part of our
extended care team. That being the case, we also expect our volunteers
to uphold the Standard of Performance at Sierra View and represent the
hospital in a positive, professional matter. Please read below to learn
more about some of the requirements and expectations we have for our volunteers.
- Must be friendly, courteous and display a positive attitude.
- Must be in good general health and able to be mobile.
- Ability to be flexible to changing demands and duties.
- Possess ability to work with a diverse group of people with various ethnic
and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Expected to complete SVDH orientation and adhere to TB testing annually.
- Volunteers must foster positive, interpersonal relationships and a professional
image by adhering to the hospital's Standards of Performance with
internal and external contacts in person and on the phone.
- Treats all guests in a polite and congenial manner. Patients are treated
with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrates sincere concern and sensitivity to the needs of all guests
at all times. Those with concerns are made to feel that the concern will
be treated seriously and competently.
- Handles personal information offered by others in a private and confidential manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Responds to inquiries in an appropriate and polite manner. Acts pro-actively
and processes request promptly.
- Displays attitude which support District values and mission. Represents
the District positively with appropriate manners and speech.
- Consistently seeks to improve performance. Accepts changes and is responsive
to District and community needs.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for all actions.
- Volunteers must observe all hospital and departmental safety and employee
health policies and practices.
- Annually reviews hospital and departmental safety policies during the orientation process.
- Observes appropriate safety practices when lifting, stooping or bending,
and in performance of job functions.
- Completes all immunizations, tests and other employee health-related requirements.