Sierra View District Hospital supports open visiting for all patient care areas as defined below:
- Persons with respiratory disease or any signs of communicable infections are not permitted to visit hopsital patients.
- All visitors must check-in at the Information Desk before continuing on to the patient care areas.
- Children 13 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a responsible adult and not left unattended for any reason.
- Young children, 10 years of age or younger, visiting other children must have permision from the Primary Care Nurse caring for the patient on the unit. The responsible adult will be requested to remove any child exhibiting disruptive behavior.
- Behavior of Visitors:
- Visitors will not interfere with the activities of any employee.
- Visitors must behave in a quiet and calm manner.
- Visitors will remain at the designated patient's bedside or in authorized waiting areas only.
- Visitors who do not comply with hospital policy will be asked to leave.
- Visitor smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas of the hospital.
- Preferably there should be not more than two (2) visitors per patient at any on time. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Primary Care Nurse caring for the patient, including clergy visiting patients under distress.
- Patients may designate visitors of their choosing if they have decision-making capacity, whether or not the visitor is a family member, a spouse, or a domestic partner, including a same-sex domestic partner, unless:
- No visitors are allowed.
- The facility reasonably determines that the presence of a particular visitor would endanger the health or safety of a patient, a member of the health facility staff, or would significantly disrupt the operations of the facility.
- Patients have told the health facility staff that they no longer want a particular person to visit. However, a health facility may establish reasonable restrictions upon visitation, including restrictions upon the hours of visitation and number of visitors.
- Patients in Isolation
- Facilities and materials for protecting visitors from infected patients will be provided.
- Visitors must receive appropriate instruction from the nursing staff prior to entering the patient's room.
- Children 13 years of age and younger will not be allowed to visit patients in isolation.